Chang is a dragon from China, same as Lao Shi, as well as a Dragon Councilor at Draco Island.She first met Jake as one of his examiners during the "Test of Flight" challenge. Unknown to anyone she was a double agent for the Dark Dragon and had been for centuries. In fact it was later revealed she orchestrated the legendary battle between Lao Shi and the Dark Dragon in which Lao Shi emerged the victor when years after she once again led Lao Shi into a trap, this time in the sewers, where she double-crossed him. Revealing her loyalty to the Dark Dragon, she trapped Lao Shi in sphinx hair netting and summoned her master. However, she was defeated by Jake, who had enlisted the help of Trixie and Spud and a few magical creatures to rescue Lao Shi.
Months later, after being outed as an agent of the Dark Dragon, Chang escaped from prison and picked up an animal guardian sidekick named Bananas B. Chang appeared again with Bananas B as they sought to steal hydra scales and a phoenix feather. Foiled by Haley Long during her brief stint as the Substitute American Dragon, Chang pretty much seemed to know who Sun Park was, which as a former member of the Dragon Council made sense.
She was last seen with Bananas B during the Dark Dragon's gambit to mentally enslave the entire Dragon Council during a solemn ceremony in Hong Kong. She was captured in a sphinx hair net during the ensuing combat, and probably sent back to jail after that.
- Main article: Dragons
Like all dragons, Chang possesses their abilities but also uses weapons similar to the Huntsclan's technology.
- When Chang was younger, she bore an unusual resemblance to Jasmine.
- In Season Two, Chang had such a change in character design, she didn't even look like she belonged on the Dragon Council anymore. In fact, her appearance, human and dragon, looked very similar to Queen Narissa aside from color scheme.
- Chang is very similar to Demona from Gargoyles.
- Both are the same species as the main protagonist.
- Both have betrayed the person they (presumably) loved to further their own goals.
- Both use magic as a means to accomplish their goals.
- Both are regarded as outcasts by the groups they themselves once belonged to.